Pagami Creek Fire
Tuesday, October 4, 2011
For Immediate Release
Pagami Creek Fire Information Contact: 218-365-3177
Weather and Increased Fire Activity Prompts Additional Closures for Pagami Creek Fire
Ely, MN…Near record high temperatures and dry, windy conditions are forecasted for the Pagami Creek Fire area through the end of the week. Fire activity has the potential to increase as a result of this forecast. The Superior National Forest has expanded closures for areas adjacent to the Pagami Creek Fire as a precautionary measure to provide for public safety.
The following area/road closures are effective as of 12:00 PM (Noon) Tuesday, October 04, 2011:
· Travel Zones 332, 361 and 351 from Sawbill Lake to the Lady Chain (Sawbill Lake is open)
· Kekekabic Trail east of Snowbank Lake
· FR381 north from the intersection of FR377 (Tomahawk Road) to the Little Isabella River entry point and the area east of FR381 to FR377 (FR377 remains open)
· FR 381E (Snake River entry point) to the BWCAW boundary from the intersection of FR381 and the area east of FR381E to FR381.
· FR377 (Tomahawk Road) east from the intersection of FR377/FR373.
· All areas and roads north of FR369 and between FR373 and CR7 to the BWCAW wilderness. (FR373, FR369 and CR7 remain open for through travel).
· FR921 (Silver Island Lake Access) north from FR369. Silver Island Lake is closed.
· FR354 north from the intersection of CR7/FR354 to the BWCAW boundary (Kawishiwi Lake entry point). Kawishiwi Lake is closed.
The above closures are in addition to existing closures. The road closures still in effect form a continual route from west to east. The closure includes the following roads and areas: FR 377D from the intersection of FR 377 (Tomahawk Rd) to the BWCAW boundary (Bog Lake Access); FR 377 (Tomahawk Rd) from the intersection of FR 377D east to FR 379; FR 379 south to the intersection of FR 369; the area north of FR 369 between the intersection of FR 379 and FR 356 (FR 369 is OPEN); FR 356 northeast from the intersection of FR 369 to FR 1244 (Coffee Lake Access); FR 1244 south to the intersection of Lake County Road 7 (CR 7); All areas west of CR 7 from the intersection of FR 1244 to FR 354 (CR 7 is OPEN); FR 354 north to the BWCAW boundary (Kawishiwi Lake Access).
To see the updated closure, please visit www.fs.usda.gov/goto/superior/home or www.inciweb.org/incident/2534.
Tuesday, October 4, 2011
Boundary Waters Closure Update October 4, 2011
I'm the Marketing Director, Catalog Director and Webmaster at Piragis Northwoods Company and the Boundary Waters Catalog here in Ely, Minnesota on the edge of the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness. We specialize in lightweight canoes and camping gear and have been serving our community and the worldwide community of paddlers since 1979. We know our stuff because we get out there and paddle. We are passionate about canoeing and wilderness.